Komodo Kayaking Day Trips
Komodo National park is home to more than just the largest Lizards on earth! The marine life under the water is among the richest in the world. Migrating Manta Rays, dolphins and turtles pass through daily. The corals are among the most diverse on Earth – part of the Coral Triangle. The unique geography also boat amazing bays, inlets and islands to explore – many of which can only be entered by a sea kayak when the tide is just right, revealing a hidden and unique natural environment.
A Komodo Kayak Tour provides the perfect way to explore this fascinating world. The quiet approach does not intrude on the local wildlife and leaves plenty of time to appreciate the fantastic scenery and natural wonders. Our guides are from the local villages, bring both traditional wisdom as well as local knowledge of the area. You will never be more than 6 guests per guide.
Our Komodo Kayak Day trips start from the Wicked Adventures base in Labuan Bajo, include some boat travel (covering open seas), lunch, a local guide and some amazing experiences! The tour also includes a guided Dragon walk where we try to observe Komodo Dragons in the wild. A Park ranger will come to assure our safety during this trek. There amy be an opportunity to snorkel and spend beach time during the day!
NUMBER OF DAYS
The following itinerary is only a guideline – NOT a guarantee. All Trips are scheduled and planned according to weather, tidal and guest experience level.
- 08:00 Meet At Wicked Adventures Base, final paperwork, gear check
- 08:30 Depart from the pier and head to Komodo National Park
- 09:15 Arrive near Papagaran Island, exploring the mangroves and inlets
- 11:00 Kayaks return to Support vessel and depart
- 11:30 Arrive Wanilu and paddle our way along coastline and mangroves to Ranger Station
- 12:30 Lunch
- 13:15 Komodo Dragon Trek
- 14:45 Support vessel departs for Coastal Flores
- 15:30 Paddle along the mangroves, bays and inlets
- 17:00 Return to Labuan Bajo in time for sunset!
- Round-trip transfer by boat & canoe
- High Quality Sea Kayak and Paddle
- Fully trained guide
- Great fun
- Free snacks, drinking water, coffee & tea
- Buffet lunch on board
- Kayaking Lifejacket
- Support boat
- Komodo National Park Fees
- Transfers to local hotels (can be arranged!)
- Soft Drinks or alcohol