Komodo Kayaking and Trekking
This 7 day trip is one of the most memorable adventures available and certainly our most popular. From the seas surrounding the dragons of Komodo Park to the mist-shrouded mountain tops of Flores to the turtle nesting beaches of the Wild South. This is a combination our 3 Day Komodo Kayaking tour with our 4 day Wae Rebo Trekking and Turtle conservation. This week long journey packs in a lifetime of unexpected scenery, marine life sightings and cultural encounters.
Wicked Adventures – making a positive impact on our community. Your guides are trained professionals from the local villages combining local wisdom with our extensive safety training. You are creating sustainable income for the communities we visit, not just through the guides, but the meals we eat, the treks we take and event he homes we stay in. You will also gain far more insight and understanding of the cultures.
NUMBER OF DAYS
Day 1: You will join us at our base camp for orientation, meeting your guides and then we depart for a day of paddling! Beach visits, snorkeling and swimming are all options. Our first night mooring among the (dragon-free) islands of the Komodo Park
Day 2: Paddling through bays and inlets, beach exploring, bird watching, visit to village, Watching the nightly migration of the hundreds of thousands of bats and dinner on a beach under the stars
Day 3: Dragon Walk on Rinca Island, further exploration, beach visit, snorkeling, return to Labuan Bajo for sunset, dinner and comfy hotel.
Day 4: Morning departure from Base Camp – Exploring waterfalls, rice-fields, and staying overnight at our own Turtle Conservation Camp in South Flores. Join us for a nightly turtle patrol along the 2km long uninhabited beach.
Day 5: After helping scout for turtle nests and/or hatchings in the morning depart on a trek to Wae Rebo. Ascend to the cloud forest, where we are welcomed to this mountain top culture, drink freshly picked, roasted and ground local coffee, enjoy the traditional Manggarai way – sleep in traditional house after enjoying local cuisine
Day 6: Watching sunrise through the mist-shrouded mountains, sipping freshly picked, roasted and ground local coffee. Experience a different pace of life before we set off down the mountain. Afternoon allows for time in the local community, sometime at the speaking beach, playing in the waves or perhaps a game of soccer with the local kids. Then Join our nightly sunset beach cleans – making sure there are no impediments for nesting/hatching turtles.
Day 7: Awaken to join our sunrise turtle watch then more fresh local coffee served from the cliffs overlooking the beach. If the tides are right a dip in the hot springs might be in order? Our departure time depends on onward flights and plans. Off to Labuan Bajo through the rice fields of Flores including a stop at Arak (local Liquor) distillery?
- 2 nights camping in Marmot expedition tents on Islands
- Accommodation in traditional Manggarai House
- Accommodation at Turtle Conservation Camp homestay
- Use of hammocks throughout
- Pick-up/drop-off at hotel resort in Labuan Bajo before and after trip
- Custom built kayak use with all safety gear including vest, paddle etc
- Snorkel and fins in current sizes
- Support boat with radio and satellite phone contact throughout
- Use of bicycles throughout
- Support vehicle for bike tours
- National park fees, Turtle Conservation fees
- Professional guide
- Ranger and local guide fees
- Toilet tent during the kayaking part of the expedition
- All meals on expedition
- Flights either domestic or international (though we can help arrange these for you).
- We do not include gratuities in our prices – not for the staff, but for the guides we hire or our crew.
- Alcohol or soft drinks are not included.
- Accommodation before or after the trip
- Other incidental expenses can not be covered by Wicked Adventures – this can include souvenirs, snacks before/after trip at hotels and on tours.
Our Komodo Kayak Tours are suitable for the beginning kayaker and those who are very experienced. Our custom made kayaks are safe, and able to meet the demands of the hardy paddler or the relaxed wanderer. The support boat is always at hand, so should you prefer, you can climb aboard…or paddle to your hearts content.
During our Bike trips we have a support vehicle the whole way. There will be moderate climbs, but will be 70% or more descents. The roads are suitable for all levels of rider.